2013 Illinois Symposium on Parallelism: Current State of the Field and the Future
September 10th and 11th, 2013
Siebel Center for Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Registration has closed.
The 2013 Illinois Symposium on Parallelism: Current State of the Field and the Future, which will be held on September 10th and 11th, 2013, has reached its maximum enrollment. We're looking forward to an exciting program!
About the Symposium
This symposium offers participants the opportunity to reflect on what parallelism research has accomplished over the last 5+ years and what challenges remain for this decade and beyond. The topics include applications, programming models and languages, compilers, tools, and architecture.
Schedule of Events
The symposium will take place this fall on September 10th and 11th. The final schedule is available here.
For additional information about the Illinois-Intel Parallelism Center, please see our flyer.
Josep Torrellas, Illinois-Intel Parallelism Center Director
Mark Smith, Illinois-Intel Parallelism Center Executive Director
Megan Osfar, Illinois-Intel Parallelism Center Project Coordinator
- Dr. Tilak Agerwala, Vice President of Data Centric Systems at IBM Research
- Prof. Arvind, Johnson Professor of Computer Science and Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. James Larus, Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research
- Prof. Kunle Olukotun, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Stanford University
- Prof. Keshav Pingali, W.A."Tex" Moncrief Chair of Grid and Distributed Computing at the University of Texas at Austin
- Dr. Burton Smith, Technical Fellow at Microsoft Corporation
All meals for both days of the symposium will be provided. We can accommodate most dietary preferences: if you have restrictions or allergies, please note the question about dietary restrictions in the registration form and provide a detailed response.
Travel and Lodging
All travel and lodging arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the attendees. However, we have reserved blocks of rooms at two local hotels: The Hampton Inn and the Comfort Suites. Please see our short guide to travel and lodging for group codes to these hotels and information about traveling to Champaign-Urbana.
Registration has now closed. Our enrollment limit of 70 attendees was reached. Thank you for your interest!
Please note: We cannot provide any administrative, financial, or legal assistance in the form of visas, visa application letters, or travel invitation letters.